The Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering Foundation
Deadline: 18 May 2018
Open to: any nationality
Award: cash prize of 1 million (one million) GBP
The Prize is organised by the Trustees of The Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering Foundation, whose registered address is at Prince Philip House, 3 Carlton House Terrace London SW1Y 5DG, or such other successor charitable entity as may be set up to run the Prize and is notified to the nominees via the Prize website (the “Trustees”).
The Trustees will run the competition for the Prize every two years. The first Prize was presented by Her Majesty The Queen in spring 2013 at a ceremony in London, UK.
The Trustees will be advised by an international judging panel established by the Trustees (the “Judging Panel”) solely for the purposes of judging the Prize.
Entry to the Prize is open to:
- any living individual (or not more than five living individuals working as a team);
- of any nationality;
- who is personally responsible for a ground-breaking innovation in engineering which has been of global benefit to humanity. Self-nomination is not permitted.
The Trustees reserve the right to reject any nomination where, in their reasonable opinion, there is or is likely to be a conflict of interest between the nominees, nominators or any referees and any other nomination or the Prize more generally.
The winners will be awarded:
- a total cash prize of GBP 1 million (one million GBP);
- appropriate memorabilia to be decided by the Trustees in their sole discretion (the “Prize”). In the event that the Prize is received by more than one individual (but not more than five individuals, as above) collaborating under a single nomination, the Prize money will be shared between the winners as determined by the Trustees in their sole discretion on the advice of the Judging Panel.
How to Apply?
There are two ways to enter to be considered for the Prize:
- Suggestion: if you have limited information on individual innovators but would like to suggest people and/or innovations, then these will be collated and considered in the judging process.
- Nomination: If you can provide more detailed information on the nominee including suitable referees: the official nomination form – https://nominations.qeprize.org
Nominations will be managed online.
- Nominees will receive an email informing them of the nomination.
- Referees will be invited to support the nomination, entering their references on the website.
- Completed, eligible nominations will go forward to the judges.
It is preferable that nominators use the online Nomination Form, however, if you do not have internet access, you can request a Nomination Form from the QEPrize team at this address: QEPrize Nominations, Prince Philip House 3 Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5DG.
For more information please visit the official website.
Чтобы подать заявление на эту работу перейдите на следующий URL: http://www.mladiinfo.eu/2018/04/17/queen-elizabeth-prize-engineering-2019 →