OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Cataloguing, researching and note writing for paintings and decorative art lots in the King Street bi-annual Russian Art sales.
(Duties include but are not limited to the following)
- Catalogue lots according to Christie’s standard practice.
- Research lots thoroughly to establish bibliography, provenance and exhibition history.
- Co-ordinate departmental ‘hilling’ sessions (when specialists meet to discuss attributions and estimates of pictures).
- Liaise with art history experts both for research purposes (to ensure that attributions are watertight and reflect current scholarship) and to build strong relationships on behalf of the department.
- Under the guidance of the Specialists, write catalogue notes and draft for marketing purposes.
- Assist with the catalogue layout, pagination and proofing of the copy.
- Co-ordinate catalogue photography.
- Liaise with restorers and framers.
- Bachelors/Master’s degree.
- Proven research and written skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Fluency in English and Russian.
- Familiarity with Russian Art and the Russian Art market.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in providing client service in a commercial art environment.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to manage pressure and very tight deadlines.
Closing date: 13th January 2019
Вакансия доступна по ссылке: https://christies.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Christies_Careers/job/London/Cataloguer---Russian-Art_JR00006386
Если вы HR или представитель компании, и у вас есть вакансия, которую вы хотите разместить на нашем сайте, пишите нам на email@example.com