Innopolis University is a Russian higher education institution focused on education and research in the field of IT and Robotics. The University is located in Innopolis, a new Russian city designed to be a major IT hub of the country, just 35 kilometers away from Kazan, the capital of the Republic of Tatarstan.
About the role
Innopolis University, within the Department of International Affairs, is currently seeking to appoint a Deputy Head of International Affairs Office (Global Analysis and Engagement, Research and Development, Major Initiatives, Contracts and Grants) in a full-time capacity.
In this role you will support institution-wide objectives by producing quantitative and qualitative analyses which inform the specifically requested business cases, strategic plans and operational reviews for the University. You will be responsible for identifying new engagement opportunities (locally and globally) to promote the University’s education and research portfolios, building on existing relationships with industry and institutions/organisations. You will proactively identify opportunities for commercialisation of the University’s generated intellectual property and also take an active role in identifying and coordinating opportunities for University wide collaborations where possible.
As the Deputy Head of International Affairs Office (Global Analysis and Engagement, R&D, Major Initiatives, Contracts and Grants), you will also play an important role in attracting national and international competitive grant funding. You will co-ordinate processes for identification of funding opportunities and subsequent application, implementing internal funding schemes, developing systems to capture research performance metrics. You will be required to work across the grants lifecycle to deliver high quality grant services designed to streamline administration and further increase the level and diversity of external research funding. In addition to identifying funding opportunities, you will work closely with our researchers in the preparation of high quality written applications for grants and fellowships, and will provide strategic advice and training in grantsmanship.
What you’ll be doing
Responsibilities in the role include:
- Produce quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Initiate and lead the development and implementation of industry engagement strategies and programs that significantly increase the active engagement of businesses, government and community groups in developing and funding collaborative and contract research projects.
- Develop processes, and maintain ongoing relationships, with relevant University departments to ensure efficient submission and review of Innopolis University funding applications to National and International funding bodies.
- Co-ordinate services to assist researchers and University with all aspects of pre- and post-award grants administration, including identification of funding opportunities, organisation of internal peer review and provision of feedback on funding applications and progress reports.
- Co-ordinate development and administration of internal funding schemes, including the preparation of guidelines, disseminating of information, and administration of the application and award processes.
- Determine and support allocated projects to further the implementation of University’s strategic plan.
- Develop linkages and partnerships with industry and government funding sources as well as private investors.
- Support applicants to submit high quality proposals, review draft applications and provide strategic and editorial feedback to enhance the competitiveness of the proposal.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Master’s degree in research administration or business-related discipline (MBA Degree is desirable), with experience in a higher education, research, commercialisation, government or similar environment, or extensive management experience and proven expertise in contractual negotiations in a commercial environment, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Proven experience in fostering strong partnerships and a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to quickly acquire knowledge and understanding of diverse areas of research and ability to negotiate commercial contracts.
- Demonstrated experience in high-level industry engagement and understanding of industry needs and sectors to support commercial outcomes of significance.
- Well-developed skills and expertise in the extraction and transformation of large and complex datasets, data analysis and communicating statistical information.
- Demonstrated advanced skills with Microsoft Office products, particularly Microsoft Excel, SPSS or other analysis software.
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a team environment and a proven ability to liaise, build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels within an organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to meet fixed deadlines on time.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the higher education environment, trends, policies and procedures, and their application in the provision of data analysis and advice.
- Demonstrated experience with drafting and reviewing research proposals and agreements.
- Analysing trends and preparing briefs/reports based on the research and analysis.
- Excellent Written and Communication Skills (Including Ability To Synthesise Multiple And Complex Research Findings Into A Simple Report)
- Expert knowledge of research funding programs and funding rules including research management across the life-cycle (both pre and post award)
If you think you can bring this role to life, we invite you to submit your resume/CV.
Подать резюме на эту вакансию вы можете перейдя по ссылке на https://hh.ru/vacancy/28094125