J.P. Morgan has a unique global franchise in Equity Research and a career in Equity Research is fast-paced, demanding and intellectually stimulating. The main purpose of Equity Research is to provide advice to institutional investors about the shares they should buy or sell to make profits for their clients, and we work closely with colleagues in Equity cash sales, cash sales trading and trading to do this. Our strong research franchise with institutional investors, the market insights we develop, and the close relationships we establish with the companies we cover are also very valuable to internal clients such as IB, Derivatives, Credit & Rates, and Private Equity.
An opening has arisen for an experienced Sector Head to lead and build our newly formed CEEMEA and Russian Banks Franchise and work within the European Equity Research Team.
- Align the strategic direction and coverage of the team with the key objectives and goals as set out by the EMEA Equity Research Management Team
- Develop and train the current team members to build a top rated franchise
- Build out and lead on the coverage of stocks within the sector
- Communicate and form strong relationships with Buy-side, Sales & Trading, and Industry participants
- Work with senior colleagues in the team and across the department to provide thought-leadership to institutional clients with respect to the sector
- Stay abreast of company and industry developments
- Prepare analysis and write research publications on a regular basis
- Support and help produce sector research
- Travel for marketing worldwide, both alone and with other team members
- Prior relevant experience gained on the sell-side as Head of Sector
- Strong track record of leading top rated franchises
- Demonstrable ability to confidently engage with people at all levels of the organisation as well as J.P. Morgan clients in the asset management industry and corporates that form part of the teams coverage
- Ability to think strategically and lead team to execute on strategy
- Ability to build teams that are impactful and efficient
- Financial markets experience with excellent knowledge of how equity markets work within sector
- Excellent verbal communication skills, with confidence and ability to successfully present, debate and defend ideas
- Excellent written communication skills, with ability to write impactful short and longer pieces
- Strong analytical, numerical and quantitative skills
- Ambitious, hard-working, with attention to detail
- Strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Fluency in English is essential; a second European language is preferred
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
Если вы HR или представитель компании, и у вас есть вакансия, которую вы хотите разместить на нашем сайте, пишите нам на email@example.com